2023 Destination SPACE Camp at FSU
• Sunday 7/9/23 – Friday 7/14/23
• 20-24 Students, rolling admissions until filled
• In-person, residential camp at Fairmont State University
• NASA IV&V ERC Facility, Fairmont, WV
• Suggested Camp Donation – $400/ student (includes room, meals, all materials, and support for our summer interns)
• Application form must be returned by May 31, 2023.
• Must be enrolled in 8th-12th grade in the 2022-2023 school year.
• Age requirement is 13-18 years by July 2023.
• Autumn Gleydura (NASA ERC & Destination SPACE)
• Todd Ensign
In coordination with NASA IV&V Education Resource Center (ERC), Destination SPACE, Inc. is offering a hands-on STEM Space Camp to high school students in Fairmont, West Virginia July 9-14, 2023. Students will arrive on campus on Sunday, July 9th.
This five-day camp program is designed to cultivate a long-term interest in STEM by providing engaging, hands-on remote sensing educational opportunities for students from backgrounds underrepresented in STEM fields. Students will learn about robotics, satellites, and remote sensing.
Destination SPACE Camps focus on students learning weather, climatology, space weather, and satellite engineering and science. Students will be part of a team that builds, tests, and launches their own weather stations, while analyzing and reporting the data they collect. Most students have little to no prior background in aerospace engineering or weather and climate. While at Destination SPACE's camp, they will gain a solid foundation of knowledge, research experience, leadership skills, and the beginnings of a professional network that will develop their ability and confidence.
2023 Robotics Summer Camps
Our hands-on robotics camps are 4-day programs focusing on fundamental building and programming skills, games, and fun challenges. Each camp will provide information on age appropriate competitions and how to get involved and stay engaged in robotics. Camps are staffed by NASA ERC staff and college interns sponsored by the IV&V Program and the WV Space Grant Consortium, and hosted at partner sites across the state.
For more information and to sign up, visit https://www.wvrobot.org/events/2023-summer-camps.